Thursday 22 August 2013

One Last Summer Breeze



I'm just back from a one week holiday on the beautiful southern coast of France and - although it's grey and rainy here and the autumn clothes are already in the shops - I am just not ready to say good-bye to summer yet... so let's look at some beautiful fair trade summer dresses, remember the warmth of sun on our skin, the sound of the waves, the taste of ice-cream and hold onto that summer feeling for a tad longer... Also, lots of these dresses are currently on sale - the ideal time for a little summer shopping spree. Here are some of my favourites...

Floral Dress by ASOS Africa
This hip floral dress by the ASOS' fair trade label ASOS Africa is currently on sale for only £31.50 and there's free delivery and returns!

Bright and Light 

I love the pale colours and airy feel of these short dresses. From left to right we have: Philippa Blossom Sun Dress from fair trade fashion house PeopleTree (reduced from £79 to £49), followed by Phily Printed Cotton Voile Dress from fair trade label Komodo (reduced from £55 to £33), and on the right the cute Sofia Stripes dress by German fair trade label Armed Angels (currently on sale for only €39.90). 

Poly Rayon Maxi Dress by Komodo
I wish I had known about this beauty before I went to France. This would have been perfect for a beach day or a nice meal out at a local Bistro. I love Komodo's effortless and chic aesthetic. And guess what - the Poly Rayon Maxi Dress is also on sale at the moment for a fantastic £39!

A Blue Hue


The colour palette of these cute dresses remind me of the many blues of the Mediterranean Sea... having said that, they would easily transition to autumn too! On the left and right are two more dresses by German fair trade label Armed Angels: the Tracy Ahoi Dress with a cute nautically themed print and the lovely Valetta Feathers dress. In the middle is one of Annie Greenabelle's sweet knot back dresses. I love the cool back detail of this one (see the pic above!). Ethically made in England, this dress is also on sale for only £30.

Net Tunic by Bibico

This casual tunic by ethical clothing brand Bibico is made from soft cotton jersey and just looks so comfortable - perfect for a day at the beach. I love the lace back... and the price - reduced from £55 to £24!

Can you see yourself spending a summer's day in one of these dresses? Which one is your favourite?



4 comments:

  1. unfortunately most of these are out of my price ranges when converted to dollars, but I'll certainly keep these companies in mind if I have a special celebration coming up - thanks for sharing these neat companies! i didn't know asos started working w/ communities in africa, really neat. my fav is prob the komodo dress.
    Cuddly Cacti
    Mitla Moda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dus,
      Thanks for stopping by! I know the prices are a bit higher than your usual from the high street, but just keep watching out for sales! Good luck with your own fair trade shop, it looks great!

      Delete
  2. Hi Mitla & Sarah

    My name is Tim and I one of the founders of the ethical clothing label bibico. We would love to produce a affordable range and we are looking into how we can do this. It would be great if you have any feedback on what prices you would be willing to pay for: dresses, tops, knitwear etc

    Many Thanks

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tim,
      I would love to! Why don't you send me an email to: fair.enough.the.blog@gmail.com and we take it from there? thanks!

      Delete